Blitt & Gaines, Attorneys at Law
- Collect Compliantly, Litigate Ethically, Lead Effectively, and Expect Excellence
- Our legal team consists of attorneys who concentrate their practice in legal collections, creditor bankruptcy representation, consumer litigation, FDCPA defense, judgment domestication and enforcement, replevin and detinue.
- Our firm’s continued success is attributed to our hard working and dedicated support teams and a compliance team that ensures our debt collection practices are consistent and compliant.
- Fred N. Blitt opened his legal practice in 1991.
- Blitt and Gaines, P.C. was founded in 1995 by Fred N. Blitt and Jan B. Gaines, and grew to be a nationally recognized debt collection law firm concentrating its practice on the legal collection of consumer and commercial debt and related areas of law. Operations are centered in adjacent buildings on their Vernon Hills campus.
- The firm is licensed in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri and Kansas, where it represents national and regional credit issuers and debt buyers.
- In June 2013, the principals of the law firm Baker & Miller, P.C. joined Blitt and Gaines, P.C.
- In February 2015, Louis S. Freedman, of Freedman Anselmo Lindberg, LLC, acknowledged as a leading Illinois creditor’s rights law firm that was founded by Freedman in 1980, joined Blitt and Gaines, P.C. along with partner Barbara Nilsen.
- Both Fred N. Blitt and Louis S. Freedman are past presidents of NARCA, the National Creditors Bar Association.
- In June 2015, Blitt and Gaines expanded into the state of Missouri, with an operative office in St. Louis. This allowed physical coverage of all of Missouri and Kansas, and enhanced their ability to manage Southern Illinois courts.
- In August 2016, the collections practice of Abendroth and Russell Law Firm joined Blitt and Gaines, P.C , expanding coverage for clients to the state of Iowa, with an operative office in Des Moines.